Monday, November 18, 2013

COLD SNAP TAKES PEPPERS, BASIL, EGGPLANT AND BEANS

We had our first night of upper 30 degree weather and I decided to take my chances and not cover anything.  Unfortunately, the pole beans and peppers were taken out by just a few hours of not even freezing temperatures.  I wasn't surprised as both vegetables are mainly summer crops and I felt extremely lucky to have had plentiful harvests from both.

The two eggplant plants also did not fair well.  It's too bad because they both had fruit on them.  I haven't pulled them up yet as my motto goes, "never give up", so I will wait it out and see if the fruit will continue to grow.



There were plenty of habenaeros and green beans to harvest before removing the plants but I left some green habeneros on one plant just to see if they will ripen. 














No comments:

Post a Comment